Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
Minor, Computer Engineering
Seattle Pacific University, Winter 2012
Sr. Software Engineer, Cerner Corporation (July 2012 - Present)
- Helped design initial structure of new Java services, and web front-end applications.
- Became highly proficient with Git / GitHub, acting as a resource for others.
- Mentored interns, and new hires, providing advice, guidance, and direction as needed.
- Worked closely with development teams in the UK, participating in daily scrums.
- Optimized many workflows for building, and releasing code in a reliable fashion.
Principle Software Engineer, GENI (January 2010 - Present)
geni-act.org / geni-science.org
- Participate in weekly online meetings to discuss functionality, and showcase latest development.
- Working with researchers in multiple time zones to merge functionality of geni-act.org, and
geni-science.org into a unified solution for genomic education.
- Gained basic working knowledge of PHP.
- Gaining working knowledge of Ruby, and Rails 5.
- Designed, and implemented open source utility for generating code reviews in Crucible.
- Learned the basics of Go programming language.
- Forked, altered, and released my first Ruby gem.
- Created to draw specific genome graphs for use in my overhaul of the GENI sites.
- Actively utilizing Cerner provided Pluralsight license to grow technical skills.
- Participate yearly in Google’s online code competition, Google Code Jam.
- Everything else about me can be found at kristopher.me.